“Ignited mind of the youth is the most powerful resource above the earth, on the earth and below the earth.”
– Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam (1931-2015)
Ignited Mind is a flagship Certification Program for the youth to be an agent of transformation and developed India and World. Under this program in we invite all students of the AKTU to participate in the Deendayal-Kalam Transform Bharat Challenge.
WHAT NEEDS TO DONE TO SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETE THE CHALLENGE?
DEENDAYAL – KALAM TRANSFORM BHARAT CHALLENGE
An initiative by Dr. A.P. J. Abdul Kalam Technical University
Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay gave India the Mantra of ‘Integral Humanism’. It has been a guiding principle to transform the rural poor population, especially the youth, into an economically independent and globally relevant workforce. He always stressed on the importance of development, starting from the grassroots and benefitting the “Antyoday” (base of the pyramid).
Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam envisioned that the ignited minds of the youth will create a super power India by 2020. He envisaged a nation where:
- Rural and urban divide has reduced to a thin line.
- Agriculture, industry and service sector work together in symphony.
- Education with value system is not denied to any meritorious candidates because of societal or economic discrimination.
- The best of health care is available to all.
- The governance is responsive, transparent and corruption free.
Taking forward the missions of two legends, Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay’s ‘Integral Humanism’ and Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam’s Super Power India, we propose the Deendayal-Kalam Transform Bharat Challenge. It encourages the youth of the nation to engage in on field activities and emerge as solution provider
THE 3 – STEP CHALLENGE:
- Identify the CHALLENGE:Participants will identify the challenges and select their area of intervention (could be an urban economically backward area or a rural area). Based on the challenge identified, the fellows will formulate a problem statement to initiate their study and observations. Select a faculty guide for this project at this stage itself.
- Study the PROBLEM by working on field and make OBSERVATION:The participants will then study grass root level problems on field for 5-7 days using various methods like local surveys on policy and assess policy impact, working with society, educational programs at grassroots etc. Participants will be required to spend at least 15 hours each on field to study and investigate solution. This may also include doing seminars in campuses related to policy work. Field visits must be documented as photographs and/or short videos.
- Design your SOLUTION: No solution is a small solution. The participants may suggest a technological/managerial solution. These could also be handed over to the local community as a social enterprise after careful evaluation by the mentors. This can also be in the form of startup idea or as a suggestion to the government.
DELIVERY – Impact Report
Participants are required to frame an impact report of their study and findings. The recommendations must be a part of this report. Please note:
- The report must not be more than 1200 words in a MS Word document
- Calibri or Times New Roman and Font Size: 12. You can also submit your report in Hindi
- Along with a written report, the fellows may also submit photos and videos as supporting documentation
- The report has to be submitted as an email to the following mail id – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Last date for submitting the final report in the format specified is 5th October 2017
We are looking for YOU!
- Students from affiliated colleges of AKTU pursuing recognized Bachelors/Masters degree
- Applicant should be no more than 30 years of age at the time of application
- Applicant should apply in teams or as individuals
- This Challenge follows international equal opportunity and will not discriminate based on gender, race, language or region
- The Challenge promotes diversity and applicants from the areas of specialization are encouraged to apply
Shortlisted candidates will get to present their reports to the top policy makers of the state for their consideration for implementation.
The best five entries will get attractive awards on the 15th October 2017 and a chance to interact with some of the leading investors and industry leaders.
All fully completed entries will get a certificate of participation.
For more details, please click on this brochure
Whenever your report is ready please mail it to – email@example.com. Last date for submitting the final report is 5th October 2017.